WE CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR YOUR SERVICE!
If you are under care of the United State VA medical system... the VA can cover the FULL COST of the StomaShield, under most conditions.
StomaGear, Inc. is registered with SAM.gov DUNS # 032819982, Fax # 713-893-6742 (more info below for PO's) and we have successfully worked with VA Medical Centers all over the USA!
Recommendations for Veterans with medical care from VA:
The process starts with the US Veteran contacting their VA ostomy/wound care nurse through their VA Medical Center. StomaGear, Inc. cannot ask or start the process with the VA. We can only fulfill an order approved and requested by the VA.
- Tell the VA ostomy/wound care nurse that you need the StomaShield made by StomaGear. We are registered in SAMS under "StomaGear, Inc"
- Be sure to mention to the nurse which size StomaShield you need, in addition to your belt size. Refer to the Sizing Guide for more information on sizing recommendations.
- Ask the VA nurse if they can place the order through the VA (these often get routed through the Prosthetics Dept for approval)
- (If approved) the VA will contact us at StomaGear to place your order. StomaGear has no influence of the order. We rarely hear about an order until it is approved and sent to us.
- If your VA says StomaGear is not registered with their facility, please direct them to this webpage (most if not all the vendor setup info is in section below). We are a national vendor, and vendor setup at the local level is quick and easy. The VA just has to request it.
- Once we get the PO from the VA, the VA pays for the StomaShield, and we will ship out the StomaShield directly to the patient/veteran within 2 business days. (Arrives in 2-3 business days after that, so about 5 business days total)
- We never bill the patient/veteran. We only ship orders if the VA approves and sends us the order.
- Same 30 day guarantee and lifetime warranty applies. If you need to exchange for a different size after you receive it, just contact us and we will make it right.
Instructions if you work for the VA and need more info:
- We are registered at SAM.gov under company name "Stomagear, Inc." at the national level
- If we are not setup at your facility, no problem. 99% of the info you need for vendor setup is below. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to call or email (info at stomagear . com) over any vendor setup forms you need. We will turn those around same day for you.
- SAM.gov DUNS # 032819982
- Our Fax # (713) 893-6742 For Purchase Orders (No solicitation outside of the VA please)
- Business phone # 800-681-1584
- Business classification: Small Business
- If you need our Business Tax ID, don't hesitate to email or call us.
- Cost of the StomaShield is $149 plus shipping cost of $7.00 flat rate anywhere in US. $156.00 Total.
- Please include on the Purchase Order which size StomaShield (Small/Medium/Large), and which size belt is best for them: 38", 48", 58". There is no product number, just the size shield and size belt as mentioned above (ie. Medium/48). If you are unsure, we recommend Medium/48 as this fits majority of our customers. They can always exchange for a different size after they receive it. Just have them contact us directly.
- If you or the doctor/nurse are unsure of the shield sizing recommendations, more information can be found on our Sizing Guide page.
- FYI, we accept credit card PO's. Please include credit card expiration date and 3 digit verification code (if possible) with your PO. We can still process without 3 digit code if not available. Also make sure we have the correct billing address and zip code. Otherwise the credit card will not go through. Thanks!
- We ship out within 2 business days after receiving PO! USPS Priority 3 business day shipping to anywhere in USA for $7.00.
- VAMC Ostomy Nurses, Prosthetics Dept, or anyone else with the VA: Don't hesitate to Contact Us if you have any questions!